domingo, 11 de janeiro de 2009

Lista #1

The curious case of Benjamin Button For what its worth it's never too late, or in my case too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it; I hope you make the best of it. I hope you feel things that you've never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments
Changeling
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Never start a fight, but always finish it

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

I think your name is magical.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! / The world forgetting, by the world forgot / Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! / Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

- Am I ugly? When I was a kid, I thought I was. Sometimes I think people don't understand how lonely it is to be a kid, like you don't matter. So, I'm eight, and I have these toys, these dolls. My favorite is this ugly girl doll who I call Clementine, and I keep yelling at her, "You can't be ugly! Be pretty!" It's weird, like if I can transform her, I would magically change, too.

Atonemet

Dearest Cecilia: the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the surrey park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.

- Why're you crying?
- Don't you know?
- Yes, I know exactly.

Come back. Come back to me.

Candy


Here is the deepest secret nobody knows. Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide. And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart. I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart.

When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't.

We had a lot going for us. We'd found the secret glue that held all things together. In a perfect place, where the noise did not intrude, our world was so very complete.


Apocalypto
When the end comes, not everyone is ready to go

Juno

- I think I'm in love with you.
- You mean as friends?
- No... I mean for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know?
- I try really hard, actually.


I still have your virginity.

In the valley of elah They shouldn't send heroes to a place like Iraq

American Beauty

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time (...) And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.

Little Miss Sunshine


There's two kinds of people in this world, there's winners and there's losers. Okay, you know what the difference is? Winners don't give up.

You know what? Fuck beauty contests. Life is one fucking beauty contest after another. School, then college, then work... Fuck that. And fuck the Air Force Academy. If I want to fly, I'll find a way to fly. You do what you love, and fuck the rest. - I wish I could just sleep until I was eighteen and skip all this crap-high school and everything-just skip it.
-Do you know who Marcel Proust is?
-He's the guy you teach
- Yeah. French writer. Total loser. Never had a real job. Unrequited love affairs. Gay. Spent 20 years writing a book almost no one reads. But he's also probably the greatest writer since Shakespeare. Anyway, he uh... he gets down to the end of his life, and he looks back and decides that all those years he suffered, Those were the best years of his life, 'cause they made him who he was. All those years he was happy? You know, total waste. Didn't learn a thing. So, if you sleep until you're 18... Ah, think of the suffering you're gonna miss. I mean high school? High school-those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that.

Sem comentários: